A Law Firm That Gets Results
Devoted to Family Law and Criminal Defense Throughout the Houston Area
Divorce is a complex process with complex solutions, but an experienced Texas divorce lawyer can guide you through with straightforward advice and competent representation in and out of the courtroom.
At Scott M. Brown & Associates, our attorneys are accomplished, and they are leaders in the Houston family law arena. With years of combined experience, we take on challenging cases in Houston and surrounding areas, and we aggressively strive for favorable outcomes whether we are focused on protecting business assets in a property division matter, protecting the best interests of children in a contentious child custody case or taking steps to enforce court orders as effectively and efficiently as possible.
We have found that informed clients make the best decisions for their families, themselves and their property. Educating our clients and listening to their needs and goals to best apply our skills and knowledge is critical to success.
The following articles will help you understand how to prepare for the divorce process, and we will help you make the best, most informed decisions through every step of your case.
- Financial Steps Individuals Should Take To Prepare For Divorce
- Financial Steps To Take Before Filing For Divorce
- How Divorce Can Actually Benefit Children
- The basics of Texas child support: requests, factors and guidelines
- How is property divided in a Texas divorce?
- Divorce in Texas and the possibility of spousal support payments
- Detailing some of Texas’s important child custody laws
- What happens to pets in a Texas divorce?
- When alcohol becomes a factor in divorce proceedings
- When parents divorce: New study analyzes impact of divorce on kids.
- The unique aspects of alimony (spousal maintenance) in Texas
- How to know if your spouse is hiding marital property and assets
- Obtaining a protective order is one step in leaving domestic violence
- Don’t let family violence allegations affect your open carry rights
- Property division during divorce does not have to destroy a business
- Hidden assets: Some marital property may not be obvious
Call Scott M. Brown & Associates To Speak With A Pearland Divorce Attorney
Call us at 979-849-8526, or email us to schedule a consultation.