Aggressive Legal Representation For Galveston Motorcycle Accidents
Galveston is a popular destination for bikers in Texas and throughout the country, and the Lone Star motorcycle rally held each November brings more than 400,000 people to our area. In addition, there are numerous, smaller events held throughout the year that enable motorcyclists to ride together and enjoy activities within the community.
Unfortunately, not all drivers understand how to treat bikers on the road. When crashes and collisions happen as the result, injuries to the motorcyclist are likely to be severe. At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we provide the caring, professional legal guidance you need when these accidents occur. Injuries suffered by clients we represent include:
- Severe cuts, lacerations, and puncture wounds;
- Multiple fractures and shattered bones or joints;
- Facial injuries, resulting in vision loss and damage to the jaw and teeth;
- Burns due to contact with hot engine oil, parts, or due to road surfaces;
- Head injuries, resulting in permanent brain damage;
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash and damaged vertebrae or discs;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
When these types of injuries do occur, it is important to remember that you only have one chance to get the compensation you need through a motorcycle accident injury claim.
According to the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, alcohol use is a common factor in motorcycle accidents. Other common types of reckless driving behaviors that put motorcyclists at risk include:
- Aggressive driving, which includes actions such as tailgating, failure to yield, and improper passing;
- Speeding, and going too fast for conditions;
- Disregarding traffic signs and signals;
- Riding with more than two bikers per lane;
- Distracted driving, which includes using cell phones, texting, or even talking to other passengers;
- Driving under the influence of drugs or over the counter and prescription medications.
When you suffer injuries as the result of the above, our team at Scott M. Brown & Associates can help hold those responsible accountable. Our Galveston motorcycle accident lawyers can advise you in seeking compensation through an insurance claim or by filing a lawsuit against the at fault driver in court.
Whether you were involved in an accident with a motor vehicle driver or with another biker, our Galveston motorcycle accident lawyers can provide the legal guidance you need to get the compensation you deserve. Call or contact Scott M. Brown & Associates online today and request a consultation to see how we can assist you.