It is absolutely critical that you consult with an experienced and dedicated DWI lawyer immediately. On a second-offense DWI, you are facing mandatory jail time of up to one year, up to $4,000 in fines, license suspension, and possible alcohol or drug rehabilitation and community service. If you have a commercial driver’s license (CDL), you can be nearly 100 percent certain that you will lose your job and your license upon conviction.
At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we can help you defend your license and mitigate the consequences of drunk driving. Whether you’re facing a second, third, fourth or greater DWI conviction, we can help you. Call us in Pearland today at 979-849-8526.
We Fight DWI Charges And Protect Your Rights
Our attorneys will examine your case thoroughly:
- Was there probable cause for the traffic stop?
- Were field sobriety tests and the breath test administered properly?
- Did police officers execute an illegal search and seizure?
- Were blood tests at the police station properly handled?
We defend our clients vigorously and work tirelessly to get charges dismissed or reduced. Hiring an attorney might sound expensive at first, but when you consider the consequences of conviction, we can limit losses considerably — losses that are all but assured without our representation.
Felony DWI Charges And Penalties
In Texas, multiple DWI convictions, loss of a license and a multitude of other losses go hand in hand. Felony DWI penalties include:
Third-offense DWI (third-degree felony):
- Up to 10 years’ imprisonment
- Up to $10,000 in fines
- License suspension up to two years
- Up to $2,000 annual surcharge for three years to keep your license
- Installation of an ignition interlock device on all vehicles you own at your own expense
- Possible community service, rehab, probation and prescription for Antabuse (a drug designed to make you very sick upon consumption of any amount of alcohol).
Fourth-offense DWI involves enhanced penalties of up to 20 years’ imprisonment, $10,000 in fines, all the penalties of a third offense and possible extended sentencing if probation guidelines were violated.
We also defend clients in the Houston area who have been charged with vehicular assault, vehicular manslaughter and DWI with a minor in the car.
Don’t settle for a public defender. Get experienced, committed defense today.
Call Scott M. Brown & Associates Today
We are your advocates in and out of the courtroom. Call us at 979-849-8526 to speak with a lawyer, or contact us by email.