Truck Accident Attorneys Serving Victims in Webster
With our close proximity to major interstates and highways, Webster sees a significant amount of traffic due to semi trucks, tractor trailers, and other types of big rigs. While the commercial trucking industry provides a good living for many people along with delivery of items we rely on a daily basis, the risk for truck crashes is a concern. At Scott M. Brown & Associates our Webster truck accident lawyers provide the tough, tenacious legal representation you need in these situations. We can advise you on how to hold the driver and the trucking company itself responsible, so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
According to statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), nearly 50,000 accidents involving trucks and tractor trailers occur in our state each year, leaving more than 15,000 people with serious injuries. Commercial trucks can weigh as much as 80,000 pounds, and with their massive size and bulk it is often drivers and passengers in other vehicles who suffer the most severe injuries.
At Scott M. Brown & Associates our Webster truck accident lawyers represent clients who have suffered the following as the result of these crashes:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains and sprains, and joint dislocations;
- Broken bone and multiple fractures;
- Burn injuries, due to contact with hot metal and engine oils;
- Severe cuts and lacerations caused by broken glass;
- Crushing injuries, resulting in damage to internal organs;
- Head injuries, such as concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- Back and neck injuries, including whiplash and fractured vertebrae;
- Spinal cord injuries, which can result in permanent paralysis.
Ultimately, if you are involved in a trucking accident, the injuries you suffer may be severe. Depending on the situation, both the truck driver and the trucking company may be held liable.
While road, traffic, and weather conditions are often contributing factors in truck accidents, reckless and negligent conduct on the part of the driver is often the primary cause. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) states that the following are among the most common types of dangerous truck driving behaviors:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and failure to yield;
- Driving distracted, such as using cell phones, texting, or changing GPS settings;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications;
- Drowsy driving, which could cause drivers to fall asleep behind the wheel.
In addition to these, driver inexperience, poor truck maintenance, and overly demanding schedules can also make truck accidents more likely. When these are factors in a crash, the trucking company can also be held liable for injuries that result.
Trucking companies have teams of lawyers on their side to defend them when crashes occur. Get the legal representation you need to protect your rights and contact Scott M. Brown & Associates to request a consultation. Our Webster truck accident lawyers act as a strong legal advocate on your side, so you can get the compensation you are entitled to.