As experienced Friendswood, TX truck accident attorneys, we help you hold those at fault for your injuries accountable.
With our proximity to major highways and interstates running throughout Texas, truckers frequently pass through on their way to other destinations. Unfortunately, this creates a risk for other motorists, who tend to suffer the most severe injuries when crashes and collisions with large trucks occur. As experienced Friendswood, TX truck accident attorneys, our legal team at Scott M. Brown & Associates knows firsthand the serious damage these accidents cause. We provide aggressive legal representation needed to hold those responsible accountable in a claim.
Truck Accidents and Injuries in Friendswood, TX
According to statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), more than 200 commercial vehicle accidents occur in Friendswood and Galveston County each year. These accidents can involve dump trucks, cement mixers, and other types of construction and maintenance vehicles, as well as delivery trucks, tractor trailers, and other big rigs. Bulky in size and weighing as much as 80,000 pounds, these massive machines often end up causing serious injuries for others on the road.
When truck accidents occur, damages that victims suffer may be severe. At Scott M. Brown & Associates, our Friendswood, TX truck accident attorneys help victims get the compensation they need to recover from the following types of injuries:
- Broken bones and multiple fractures;
- Severe cuts and amputations caused by contact with broken glass or sharp metals;
- Burn and abrasions caused by contact with road surfaces and hot engine fluids;
- Crushing injuries, causing damage to internal organs;
- Head injuries, which can result in traumatic brain injury (TBI);
- Back and neck injuries, including damage to the spinal cord.
Need legal help in Texas?
Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.
Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
We Hold Truck Drivers and the Companies They Work for Accountable
At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we know that truck accidents can be attributed to numerous causes and there may be multiple parties to blame for the injuries you suffer. Studies by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) indicate that many of these collisions are due to the following:
- Reckless behaviors on the part of the driver, such as speeding or driving under the influence;
- Improper training of drivers on the part of the trucking company in terms of loading and operations;
- A lack of proper safety standards in terms of truck maintenance;
- Defective truck parts, such as tires or brakes;
- Trucking company scheduling practices that are overly demanding, putting truck drivers and other motorists at risk.
When any of the above are a factor in your truck accident, the truck driver, the company they work for, and truck manufacturers may all be held liable for the injuries you suffer.
Our Friendswood, TX Truck Accident Attorneys are Here to Help
Truck drivers and the companies they work for have teams of attorneys on their side, defending them against accident claims. Get our team at Scott M. Brown & Associates on yours. To find out how we can help in your case, contact our Friendswood truck accident attorneys and request a consultation today.