Our experienced Friendswood, TX DWI attorneys provide the aggressive legal representation you need to defend you against your charges.
Charges of driving while intoxicated (DWI) are a serious criminal matter in Texas and carry potentially harsh penalties. In addition to fines, the loss of your driving privileges, and a possibly lengthy jail sentence, your charges will remain a part of your permanent record, where they can impact your reputation in the community and jeopardize your job. At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we provide the trusted legal guidance you need in these situations. As experienced Friendswood, TX DWI attorneys, we aggressively defend your rights when dealing with law enforcement officials, prosecuting attorneys, and judges over DWI charges, helping you avoid the penalties associated with a conviction.
Need legal help in Texas?
Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.
Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
In Texas, driving while intoxicated is a serious offense. While it is common for people to attempt to defend themselves by claiming they only had one or two drinks, the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT) advises that alcohol is processed differently by each individual and even a couple of alcoholic beverages could put you over the legal limit.
If you are pulled over for suspected DWI, the police will conduct field sobriety tests and check your breath or blood alcohol content (BAC) level. Under Section 49.04 of the Texas Penal Code, a BAC level of .08% is classified as a Class B misdemeanor offense. If your BAC level is .15 or over, this is a Class A misdemeanor. Depending on the circumstances, a DWI in Texas carries the following penalties:
- For a first offense: Fines up to $2,000, loss of driving privileges for up to a year, and up to a 180-day jail sentence;
- For a second offense: Fines up to $4,000, loss of driving privileges for up to two years, and up to a year in jail;
- For a third offense: Fines up to $10,00, a two year driver’s license suspension, and up to a 10-year prison sentence.
With so much on the line in your DWI case, you need our experienced, professional Friendswood DWI attorneys on your side.
At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we provide passionate, aggressive legal representation to help you avoid the penalties associated with a DWI conviction. Actions our Friendswood, TX DWI attorneys can take on your behalf include:
- Reviewing the circumstances surrounding your traffic stop and arrest;
- Disputing the results of any BAC testing that was administered;
- Negotiating with law enforcement officials and prosecuting attorneys to get your charges dropped or reduced;
- Arguing for alternative sentencing, which could help you avoid jail time and a permanent criminal record.
Do not delay when it comes to DWI charges. At Scott M. Brown & Associates, our legal team is standing by and ready to begin immediately building you a strong legal defense. Contact our Friendswood, TX DWI attorneys and request a consultation today.