Harris County Criminal Lawyers
When facing any type of criminal charges in Harris County, you need a tough, tenacious Texas criminal defense lawyer on your side.
Facing criminal charges in Texas is a serious matter, as even otherwise minor crimes can carry severe penalties which include heavy fines and mandatory minimum jail sentences. With your reputation, your financial security, and your personal freedom at stake, you need an experienced Harris County criminal defense attorney on your case. At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we act as a fierce legal advocate on your behalf, fighting to ensure that your rights are protected. Our legal team has decades worth of combined experience and legal expertise, helping you strategize a strong defense to avoid a criminal conviction.
Need legal help in Texas?
Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.
Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Even otherwise honest, law abiding people can find themselves facing criminal charges. In addition to impacting your professional reputation and your relationships with friends and family, a criminal conviction can rob you of your freedom while leaving you with a criminal record that prevents you from obtaining employment, student loans, or even housing for years to come.
The Texas Penal Code contains some of the toughest laws and harshest penalties in the nation, and it is important to act quickly to protect yourself. At Scott M. Brown & Associates, one phone call is all it takes to get our Harris County criminal defense lawyers on your side and ready to strategize a strong course of action in your case. We provide experienced, aggressive legal representation to defend you against the following types of charges:
- Drug Offenses, including Possession, Manufacturing, and Drug Trafficking;
- DUI and Other Traffic Offenses;
- Internet Crimes, including Data Hacking and Online Theft;
- White Collar Crimes, including Fraud and Embezzlement;
- Juvenile Offenses;
- Robbery, Burglary, and Shoplifting Crimes;
- Domestic Violence, Stalking, and Violation of Restraining Orders;
- Assault and Battery;
- Sex Crimes, including Rape and Sexual Assault;
- Homicide, Manslaughter, and Attempted Murder.
Criminal matters in our area are dealt with through the Harris County Courts. Misdemeanor crimes are heard in the local magistrate court, while more serious criminal charges are tried in the County Criminal Courts. In either situation, you need an experienced Harris County criminal defense lawyer on your side to prevent a conviction. At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we take the following actions to protect you through every phase of your proceedings:
- Arranging for bail or bond hearing and making appearances on your behalf;
- Reviewing police reports to ensure the proper procedures were followed;
- Negotiating with the prosecuting attorney and disputing charges against you;
- Gathering evidence and statements from witnesses in your favor;
- Aggressively arguing your case at trial;
- Appealing decisions from the court that are not in your best interests.
At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we believe the best defense begins early in your case. If you have been arrested or charged with a crime, reach out and contact our Harris County criminal defense lawyers immediately and request a consultation to see how we can help.