Talented Injury Attorneys Serving League City
Car accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. While external factors such as weather and traffic conditions may be a factor, the majority of car crashes in Texas are the result of reckless driving on the part of others. At Scott M. Brown & Associates, our League City car accident lawyers provide trusted, experienced legal representation in these situations. We can advise you on how to hold negligent drivers accountable, so you can get the compensation you need to recover.
According to traffic crash statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation (DOT), more than 6,500 crashes occur in Galveston County each year, resulting in injuries for over 4,000 people and proving fatal for nearly 50 others. In League City alone, more than 1,000 people were involved in these accidents, many suffering serious and debilitating injuries.
At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we are here to help when car accidents occur. Our League City car accident lawyers can assist you in seeking compensation from at fault drivers for the injuries and damages you suffer. Common types of injuries that occur in car accidents include:
- Soft tissue injuries, such as muscle strains, sprains, and tears;
- Broken bones and severe lacerations;
- Burns due to contact with road surfaces and engine parts or fluids;
- Abdominal injuries, resulting in bleeding and damage to internal organs;
- Back and neck injuries, such as whiplash and slipped or herniated discs;
- Head injuries, such as concussions, skull fractures, and traumatic brain injuries (TBI);
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or complete paralysis.
Need legal help in Texas?
Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.
Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
When you suffer injuries as the result of another driver’s actions, our League City car accident attorneys can assist you in holding them accountable through a car accident claim. The DOT reports that the following types of reckless driving behaviors are among the most common causes of car accidents and injuries in Texas:
- Speeding and going too fast for conditions;
- Aggressive driving, such as tailgating and improper passing;
- Distracted driving, such as using cell phones or texting;
- Driving while intoxicated or under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Failing to obey traffic rules and regulations.
Depending on the situation, you may be entitled to compensation through the at fault driver’s insurer. Unfortunately, these companies are in business to make money and one of the ways they can do this is by denying or downplaying claims. In the event your claim is denied or the amount fails to cover the losses you suffered, you may be entitled to damages in a personal injury claim. Under the Texas Code, you have up to two years after a car accident to file a claim.
When accidents and injuries jeopardize you or someone you love, reach out and contact Scott M. Brown & Associates. Request a consultation with our League City car accident lawyers, to discuss how we can help you get the compensation you are entitled to.