Dedicated League City Criminal Lawyers
Being charged with any type of crime in Texas is a serious matter, requiring the skill of an experienced criminal defense lawyer. When facing theft charges in League City, a conviction could result in heavy fines and a potentially lengthy jail sentence, along with a criminal record that follows you the rest of your life.
At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we provide the aggressive legal representation you need in these situations. Our League City theft lawyers have years of experience in defending clients throughout the area. We can help strategize your best course of defense, while ensuring your rights and freedoms are protected.
Penalties for Theft Crimes In League City, Texas
It is not uncommon for otherwise honest, hardworking, and upstanding citizens to find themselves facing criminal charges. When these charges have to do with theft crimes, the penalties and the damage to your reputation can be severe. To protect yourself against these types of accusations and the potentially serious consequences, you need a tenacious criminal defense lawyer to begin immediately working on your case.
Under Chapter 31 of the Texas Penal Code, theft crimes may be classed as either a misdemeanor or a felony, depending on the amount of money or property involved. Criminal charges and penalties for theft crimes in League City include:
- For money or property valued up to $750: Class B misdemeanor, with maximum 180 days in jail and/or fines up to $2,000;
- For money or property valued up to $2,500: Class A misdemeanor, with maximum one year in jail and/or fines up to $4,000;
- For money or property valued up to $30,000: State jail felony, with maximum two years in jail and/or fines up to $10,000;
- For money or property valued up to $150,000 or more: Third degree felony, with maximum ten year imprisonment and fines up to $10,000;
- For money or property valued up to $300,000 or more: Second or first degree felony, with maximum 99 year prison sentence.
Need legal help in Texas?
Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.
Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Aggressive Legal Representation to Defend You Against Theft Crimes
At Scott M. Brown & Associates, our legal team has the legal skill and experience needed to protect your rights and freedoms when facing theft charges in the Harris County Criminal Courts. As experienced League City criminal defense lawyers, we conduct in-depth investigations into the circumstances surrounding your case, gathering the evidence needed to help prevent a conviction. This includes:
- Physical evidence from the crime scene, such as fingerprints or video surveillance tapes;
- Police reports and statements from law enforcement officials;
- Witness statements regarding your character and alibis for when the incident allegedly occurred.
Our experience and reputation in the legal community benefits you in negotiations with the prosecuting attorney. In the event your case does go to court, we will tenaciously defend you at trial and in front of the judge and jury.
Reach Out to Our League City Theft Crimes Defense Lawyers
When your freedom and reputation are on the line, get the professional legal representation you need to protect yourself. Reach out and contact our experienced League City theft crime defense lawyers today and request a consultation to find out how we can help you.