Location: Pearland, Texas
Phone: (832) 536-9547
Angleton Office: (979) 652-5246
Pearland Office: (832) 536-9547
Webster Office: (281) 954-3867
Since obtaining his license in 1991, Scott has been a practicing attorney. According to the Texas Estates Code, the State Bar of Texas certified him as an attorney and Guardian Ad Litem. He has since aided Texans in civil disputes, acting as counsel in Johnstone v. The State of Texas, 22 S.W.3d 408, Supreme Court of Texas on March 9, 2000, which resulted in the winning party’s victory.
He expanded his knowledge by joining UH Downtown as an adjunct professor of business law and by joining the Elder Law, Speaker’s Bureau, and Inmate Life Changes Committees of the Houston Bar Association.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Jurisprudence, University of Houston Law Center, 1991
- Bachelor of Sciences, Political Science and Psychology, University of Houston, 1988
- A.A. White Dispute Resolution Center (Mediation Certification) 1999
- Berlitz Language School, Intermediate Spanish Fluency Training, 1998 to 1999
- Parenting Coordinator & Facilitator, Sections 153.606 – 153.6101, Texas Family Code
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, UH-Downtown, 2011 through 2012
- Certified by the State Bar of Texas pursuant to Texas Estates Code as Attorney & Guardian Ad Litem
- Life Member, National Alliance for the Mentally Ill
- Life Member, University of Houston Alumni Association
- Houston Bar Association Elder Law, Speaker’s Bureau; and Inmate Life Changes Committees
- State Bar of Texas Unauthorized Practice of Law Investigative Committee, 2003-2004
- Heafner & Boates Attorneys Civil Litigation
- Attorney Civil Litigation, Scott K. Boates – 2004 to present
- City of Houston Municipal Courts Associate Judge – 2005 through 2011
- Glast, Phillips & Murray, L.L.P. – 2003 to 2004
- Reiner & Boates, L.L.P. – 1998 through 2003
- Counsel to Prevailing Party Johnstone v. The State of Texas, 22 S.W.3d 408, Supreme Court of Texas, March 9, 2000
Need legal help in Texas?
Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.
Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.