CALL US TODAY! (979) 652-5246

(281) 346-9373

Custody Modification Lawyers

Even the most concrete divorce agreement may need modification at some point, whether it is for child custody and visitation, child support or spousal support. Property division decrees cannot be modified unless hidden assets are discovered.

It is not uncommon for agreements to be modified. The lives of parents and children are constantly changing and evolving. If you need to file a motion for modification or contest a motion, the guidance and representation of an experienced attorney are invaluable.

At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we discuss the impacts of modification on your personal life, finances, work schedule and family time. If you have children, we help you protect their best interests. Our Pearland modification attorneys handle custody, visitation, child support and alimony modification cases throughout the Houston area, and they will bring years of combined family law experience to your unique situation.

Call us today at 979-849-8526, or contact us by email to schedule a one-on-one consultation with an attorney.

Need legal help in Texas?

Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.

Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

Modifying Divorce Decree Provisions In Texas

A significant change in circumstances is required to modify any provision in a divorce decree after judgment. Our lawyers will carefully consider all aspects of your case and present you with options. We will sculpt a custom-tailored strategy for your case. Parenting plans, support payments, visitation and custody schedules are all modifiable.

If you want to prevent modification, you will need a strong defense. Even though the burden of proof lies with the party who files the motion, defending against a compelling case will be extremely difficult without experienced representation. Representing yourself or relying upon inexperienced counsel is not to your benefit.

We handle a variety of cases under myriad circumstances, including:

  • Job loss or change in income
  • Parental relocation
  • Changes in a parent’s or child’s health
  • Changes in school or activity schedules
  • Changes in the ability to pay child support or spousal support
  • Changes in work schedules

The best interests of children and the reasonable needs of each party will lay the foundation for the court’s decision, but your legal representation will influence the direction of the case.

Call Scott M. Brown & Associates | Angleton Support Modification Attorneys

Contact us to discuss your specific situation. Call 979-849-8526, or email us to schedule a consultation.

Texas Family Law Attorney

Call Us Today!

(979) 652-5246