Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Pearland, TX
Many people ride motorcycles on the road. Nothing can compare to the exciting feeling of cruising down the highway. With all the excitement comes the risk of it all. Unfortunate events resulting from motorcycle accidents seem not uncommon nowadays. Should a motorcycle rider survive their injuries, it would result in pain and suffering and overall reduced quality of life.
Getting compensation and motorcycle accident claims in this personal injury or wrongful death case is anything but a walk in the park. There is a process that parties must go through that involves getting legal assistance from a motorcycle accident lawyer.
Settling claims on your own could result in you not being able to understand the terms fully and have you settling for less that isn’t enough to make up for everything the accident took away from you.
There is no denying that motorcycle riders face great dangers when driving down the highway. Given the vehicle’s lighter, more exposed nature, motorcycle riders are more vulnerable, not to mention that figuring out the at-fault party in most motorcycle accident cases is a challenge.
Riding a motorcycle down the Texas highway is truly a breeze and can be an enjoyable experience when done with care. However, since accidents are difficult to predict, know that if you ever get into one and need legal assistance, a Pearland, TX motorcycle accident attorney is present to aid you in your case, from reviewing to settling claims. An attorney well-versed in the practice of personal injury is capable of helping you navigate your case.
What Makes Motorcycle Riding So Risky?
Fun as it might seem, motorcycle riding poses plenty of risks for both the motorcycle rider and the other vehicles on the road. For starters, motorcycles are smaller and lighter and aren’t enclosed in a box, leaving the rider exposed and vulnerable to crashes. When involved in serious injuries, motorcycle riders are most likely to die from their injuries.
When involved in road accidents, motorcycle riders are likely to get killed in most cases. A motorcycle is a lot less visible than other cars, meaning they are less likely to be noticed at intersections. Motorcycles are also susceptible to debris and other road hazards.
Motorcycles are a lot less stable, being a vehicle that only has two wheels and riding it takes an extreme skill. Motorcycle riding also brings out risk-taking behaviors in some people, encouraging speeding down the road, and making them more susceptible to accidents.
Have you been involved in a motorcycle accident? Do you need to file a motorcycle accident claim for the motorcycle crash you’ve been in? Are you in need of a personal injury attorney? Don’t go about it alone. Enlist the help of a seasoned motorcycle accident lawyer who can navigate the system, review your case, and negotiate a claim for you.
How Does One Determine The At-Fault Party in a Motorcycle Crash?
Liability is determined by the principle of negligence wherein the motorcycle driver behaves in a careless manner resulting in injury to other motorists. In a motorcycle accident, the drivers of another vehicle are usually the negligent party. Common causes include speeding at a red light and not checking mirrors before making turns.
Motorcycle riders can also be negligent, in drunk driving cases for example where they tend to swerve in front of a car leading to a crash, they would most likely be held liable for injuries or the wrongful death the car occupants would sustain.
Have you recently gotten into a motorcycle accident? Do you need help in determining the guilty party in a wrongful death case? A motorcycle accident attorney can get the job done for you. Get in touch with a Texas motorcycle accident lawyer who can review your case, determine the at-fault party, negotiate with your insurance company, and enable you to get the compensation you deserve.
What are the Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Plenty of factors influence motorcycle accidents. Given the vulnerable nature of the motorcycle, it is expected to be prone to mishaps on the road. These are the common causes of motorcycle accidents:
- Left Turns by Other Cars-most of the accidents involving cars and motorcycles were when cars were making turns. Common causes for crashes involving turning left include distractions on the part of the driver, low visibility, and speeding. There are laws indicating left-turn right of way and in this indecent, it is almost always the car driver that is the liable party.
- Collisions-Motorcycles are at risk when they collide with other vehicles or on obstacles on the road such as guardrails. The exposed nature of a motorcycle puts the rider at risk since it doesn’t come in a box unlike a car or a truck and it runs on two wheels only. Head-on collisions are one of the deadliest accidents a motorcycle rider can get into since there is a mismatch in the force between a motorcycle and a car or a truck.
- Road Hazards-Some objects on the road that are barely noticeable can cause accidents for motorcycle riders such as road surfaces and gravel on pavement.
- Reckless Behavior-It is said that motorcycle riding can be a catalyst for other reckless behaviors. Certain behaviors such as drunk driving, overspeeding, and not wearing a helmet are common causes of motorcycle accidents.
Are you a motorcycle accident victim? Have you been involved in a motorcycle accident caused by any of the aforementioned causes? Motorcycle injuries such as spinal cord injuries are serious and life-threatening, not to mention costly to treat. If so, get in touch with a motorcycle accident attorney from a Pearland, TX law firm to help represent you and get the compensation you deserve.
How Do I Prove Negligence After a Motorcycle Accident?
In a motorcycle accident negligence claim, there are four elements. If you are the person suing or the plaintiff, you must be able to prove that:
- The defendant is required by law to be careful on the road.
- The defendant wasn’t able to exercise care, meaning there was a breach in the law’s requirement.
- The defendant’s actions caused injuries to the plaintiff or the motorcycle accident victim.
- The plaintiff was injured
Just like a car accident, if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, get in touch with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney. A motorcycle accident attorney can review your case, offer legal representation, and fight for your right to fair compensation.
What Should I Take Into Account When Filing Motorcycle Accident Claims?
There are two things to be considered in a motorcycle accident case, namely liability and damages.
- Liability is defined as the at-fault party and in the absence of a liability, the accident case won’t be worth very much. The plaintiff always has the burden of proving negligence on the defendant’s part.
- Damages is more to do with the accident and the more serious the injury, the higher the compensation. You are entitled to compensation such as lost wages, medical bills, and pain and suffering.
What are the Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
Riding motorcycles is a particularly perilous act, given the vulnerable nature of the vehicle. Among the commonly sustained injuries include road rash, facial disfigurement, broken bones, and burns. Injuries range from minor to severely debilitating such as traumatic brain injury and spinal cord injuries.
Are you in need of representation in this personal injury case? Don’t settle matters with insurance companies on your own. Be sure to get in touch with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in order to get the compensation you need for medical bills, lost wages, and more.
Seek Legal Advice for Motorcycle Accidents.
If you are from Pearland, TX and are currently suffering from a motorcycle injury or numerous injuries sustained from a motorcycle accident, take action immediately.
Motorcycle accidents cause severe injury to the physical being, impacting the victim emotionally, mentally, and financially. A motorcycle accident attorney at Scott M. Brown & Associates is more than capable of reviewing your case, representing you in court, negotiating settlements, and ensuring you get fair compensation. Get in touch with our experienced motorcycle accident lawyer now.