CALL US TODAY! (979) 652-5246

(281) 346-9373

Modification Of Custody Lawyers

You or your ex-spouse may request a post-decree modification of a child custody order for many reasons. Whether you need legal counsel or representation to bring an action or to defend an action for modification, we can help you.

At Scott M. Brown & Associates, we handle custody and support modification actions regularly and have years of experience in the Houston area. Located in Pearland, we represent a diverse clientele with a broad range of issues. Our attorneys have seen it all, and we can help you present and defend your best interests in addition to adequately representing your children’s best interests to the opposing party and to the family law court.

Modification Of Custody In The Houston Area

To modify a child custody and visitation order in Texas, there must be a material change in circumstances for one of the parties such as:

  • A change in work schedule or location
  • A move to a different city or state
  • One parent becoming unfit to parent due to:
    • Chemical dependency
    • Child neglect or abuse
    • Illness
    • Incarceration
    • Alcohol abuse
    • Domestic violence
    • Illegal drug use
    • Anger management issues
    • Parental alienation
    • Sexual abuse

Need legal help in Texas?

Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.

Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.

If any of these circumstances or others that may qualify are present, contact us right away. You need professional legal representation to ensure that your rights and your children’s best interests are protected. Without adequate representation, the court could make a decision that negatively affects your life and your children’s lives for years to come.

Call Scott M. Brown & Associates

Don’t let the other party get away with implementing unfair modifications. Make sure your rights and best interests are well-represented and your children are protected. Call us at 979-849-8526 to speak with a lawyer, or contact us by email.

Texas Family Law Attorney

Call Us Today!

(979) 652-5246