Scott M. Brown
Location: Angleton, Texas
Phone: (979) 849-8526
Angleton Office: (979) 849-8526
Pearland Office: (832) 554-1283
Webster Office: (281) 488-1918
Scott M. Brown is an experienced and passionate trial attorney who produces results. He is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (less than 1% of all Attorneys in the state of Texas are Board Certified in Family Law). Scott was named to the 2016 Texas Super Lawyers (only 5% of the attorneys in the State of Texas are named to this prestigious list). He was also recognized as a Texas Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2012-2014 (only 2.5 percent of attorneys under the age of 40 in the state of Texas are named to this list). In 2015 and 2016, Scott was named as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers in H-Town magazine. He also possesses a 10.00 Avvo rating, which is the highest possible rating awarded by one of the nation’s premiere legal ranking services.
Scott’s focus on family law issues include the toughest of divorces, modifications, complex child custody cases, enforcement actions, high net value divorce (including multimillion dollar estates), as well as representing business owners, medical doctors, white collar professionals, those in the entertainment industry, and other high asset valued clients, in addition to cases involving CPS (Children’s Protective Services), terminations and adoptions, and suits involving the parent-child relationship. Scott is a powerhouse and is devoted to his firm’s vision of giving his client’s the best possible legal representation.
Scott is also a published author having contributed to the book Strategies for Family Law in Texas, 2013 ed.: Leading Lawyers on Handling Negotiations, Managing Client Expectations, and Navigating Recent Trends (Inside the Minds). He has handled numerous jury trials and bench trials in family law and criminal defense cases. He has extensive experience handling all types of family law and criminal defense matters, including but not limited to misdemeanors, felonies, DWI, assault, sexual assault, family violence, intoxication manslaughter, drug charges, etc. The legal team he leads is committed to achieving the best possible result for every client.
Need legal help in Texas?
Be it family law, divorce, criminal defense, or personal injury — our Texas family law attorneys are here to help. We are results-driven, and we work tirelessly for our clients.
Our Houston family law and divorce attorneys have been providing compassionate and personalized legal services in Texas. Scott M. Brown is a certified family law specialist by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Areas of Practice
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Personal Injury
- Custody & Visitation
Certified Legal Specialties
- Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. – 2000
- Rice University
- Political Science and History – 1997
Honors and Awards
- Who’s Who in Brazoria County, 2003 – Present
- Texas Top Attorney, 2007
- Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Stars 2012-2014
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
- Brazoria County Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2002 – 2004
- American Bar Association, 2000 – 2002
- Texas Young Lawyer’s Association, 2000 – 2002
- Houston Young Lawyer’s Association, 2000 – 2002
- Angleton Women’s Center, Board of Directors, 2003 – 2009
- Rotary International, 2002 – Present
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, 2015 – Present
- American Institute of Criminal Law Attorneys, 2014 – Present
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, 2016 – Present